I read in the paper this morning that a lot of companies are having second thoughts about the value of advertising on Facebook. At the same time I’ve been watching Mad Men on AMC. I suspect that a lot of would-be intelligent advertisers get all their advertising education from watching TV or reading newspapers and magazines. It doesn’t apply. On-line media such as Facebook, Linked In, YouTube, blogging or broadcast email marketing requires permission. It requires real communication. It is a two-way one-on-one communication. It must be genuine. Interruption, in-your-face shouting just doesn’t work on line. It really, really pisses people off. It fact, I’m not sure anyone in their right mind would respond to such a push. I got automated-recorded phone calls during the Republican primaries. I hate those things! Making politicians exempt from the rules of good taste won’t win them elections. Applying the 1960s version of advertising to Facebook or any on-line media won’t work either.
Want to know more about permission-based broadcast email marketing?
For Email Marketing you can trust
Cybermail Marketing works closely with Constant Contact to bring you the best in email marketing!
We are a Constant Contact Business Partner and Consultant.
- How to Overcome Content Marketing Struggles
- Are You Happy with Your Email List Size?
- Email Marketing Still has Juice!
- Does on-line marketing, especially broadcast email marketing, have a bottom-line affect on brick-and-mortar retailers, especially small or start-up retailers?
- Designing Marketing Email That Works!
- A Failed Campaign: The Exit Briefing
- Big Jump in Social Media for Holiday Marketing - eMarketer
- Bought a booth. Got the list of attendees. Now what?
- Getting Bulk Emails to Perform Like Targeted Campaigns - eMarketer
- Have you ever Forwarded?
- How often do you send broadcast email?
- I opted in and gave them my name and they still don't know who I am.
- It's amazing! email marketing
- Marketing to Shoppers at Every Touchpoint - eMarketer
- Social Media Is Greater Marketing Priority for Small Businesses - eMarketer
- The solution to the body search problem at the airports
- What Makes for a Compelling Corporate Blog? - eMarketer
- What Tablets Can Do for Marketers - eMarketer